Saturday 11 September 2010

A Properly Good Studio and the end to Poorly-ness...

So... Finally getting over the ridiculous illness of the last month and today I went into over-drive clearing all the junk away, organising and setting up my studio... and I'm SO happy with the result.







I've set up two desks... one was to be used for art commissions and the other for Sewing.... but as it stands I've got one set up with the sewing machine and the other with beautifully folded piles of supplies ready to be transformed into the new Petit Lapin Collection... could I be happier with this result!??! I think not!







The tops of my jars and adorned with gorgeous washi paper tape (available on etsy and at paperchase as well as many online stores... So many fabulous colours and designs AND you can tear it, so no scissors required AND you can write on it... need I say more!??!) The baskets, jars, mugs (which were only 19c each!) and shelves are from IKEA, the boxes are recycled from online purchases, the desks were a gift from my beloved friend Jewell!! And the chest with baskets is from House and Garden.



I absolutely love my art and photographs on the walls... So many gorgeous pieces from all over the world offer me so much fabulous inspiration.... and more importantly... make me smile! I felt that regular gaudy gold thumbtacks (push pins) didn't do these gorgeous pieces justice, so I made my own little mushroom thumbtacks (push pins) and will hopefully have a little how-to of these soon! They're the perfect finishing touch to my walls.

(and, just in case you were worried that I'd suddenly become one of those organised people...)



The other huge relief of this week was the completion of the art commission... signed and delivered... 19 pieces for a Children's Charity... they're going to be used for their Christmas appeal this year... I'll have final pieces made into cards some time in the next few weeks, but here's a little sneak peak of a few of my faves until then::




Anyways... I'm off to bed... Lots of fun making of Petit Lapin pieces tomorrow!!

Puss och Kram!!

3 comments:

  1. Twin!
    You win the prize of being my first and only commenter! Woooot!
    I can't wait to show you my pretty studio! You're going to love to play in it!!!
    xoxox
    Samest love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me Little Miss Swan so much.. In my new home I am going to create a studio corner :)

    ReplyDelete