Tuesday 17 August 2010

Gosh darn it, I love parcels!

It's true... I think one of the main reasons why I buy things on the internet (apart from the savings) is the fact that I get parcels in the mail! Seriously, what's more exciting than waking up to a purring cat scratching on your door and 2 little kraft boxes resting beside him...? not a lot I'm thinking.



Today's parcels:
Firstly, there was the fabulous gift (if I do say so myself) which I bought for a friend of mine for his 30th... He was born in St Petersburg in Russia, and owns two cuff-linkable shirts and no cuff-links! Not two things which are usually placed in the same sentence, I know, by look what happened when I did combine them:




I know, right!?! Fun! They're metro tokens, which the clever kids at QA Create have made into these funky cuff links. I was ever so pleased at its arrival... not only that, but they came in a little jewelry case and in a box and each of these things, including the cuff-links were individually wrapped... yep, I played pass the parcel with myself, and it was rather satisfying :)

The second parcel, was the long awaited snaps. The jury's still somewhat out on whether or not I'm completely satisfied with this arrival. Of course initially I was over the moon, having waited (and not added buttons to my new pinnies) and them having arrived, but they proved to be somewhat notorious and I've got a wee bit of mending to do on two of the now "snapped" pinnies. Hmmm...



Here are the snaps that worked... white on one side and silver on the other, I think they look really cute and of course make it much easier for busy Mummies and Daddies to dress wriggley bubs...




HOWEVER... This is an example of the casualties...


When putting the snap into the "snap setter" it is very difficult to stop the fabric from moving before you can hammer it in place, resulting in this handy hole above where I wanted the snap to live. Rather frustrating to say the least. As I've not used any form of snap attachment previously, I have nothing with which to compare this experience, but surely an addition to a small magnet into the bottom would make this process immeasurably more simple and accurate. Just a thought. Also, the hammer has a tendency to unscrew as you're hammering away, and the "snap setter" after only 8 snaps being set, is already showing significant wear and tear. That said, I AM very happy with how the ones that worked turned out, so I shall persevere... after I mend the holes that is! grrr... :)

Later in the day, I returned home to...


MORE MAIL!!! I know... how great has today been!?! These made me PROPERLY happy. They're the  sew on labels for my baby clothes... I LOVE THEM! A wonderful designer, Lisa from Mommie Made It on etsy. I am beyond impressed with them, and am very excited to finally be able to put the finishing touches on my Petit Lapin pieces... (they will be on sale on Friday!!! sssshhh, it's a secret). If you sew or create and need labels, I can't recommend her highly enough, they were very reasonably priced, designed AND shipped to Australia in 10 days and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Check out her online store (link above).



AND last but not least... A postcard from Cyprus!



My gorgeous Swedish friend and her Mum sent it to me whilst on their "semester" (like a holiday only way cooler cause it's Swedish).




So all in all, a FABULOUS day for mail... properly chuffed.




Puss och Kram!

No comments:

Post a Comment